Thursday, April 19, 2012

Seedlings

Transplanting!  Lots of it.

I seeded a bunch trays without soil blocks to save some time.  Lo and behold, I had to make up the time elsewhere when the seedlings outgrew their home.  I should have taken the time to make the blocks.  Ah, hindsight is 20/20.  Fortunately the seelings are happy now.


Inside the hoophouse the drip tape is working with gravity feed!
  (more on that later, I'm still very excited about my rube goldberg-style water system)


That row of snap peas is just starting to poke out of the soil. 


Friends came to visit and helped me move a bunch of pallets and trays over to the side of the field.  (to get out of the way of that giant lime truck remember?)  Here is the new orientation all uncvered.  All that will go into the field.  Wow. 





No comments:

Post a Comment