Monday, December 12, 2011

End walls

I framed in the end walls today.   They attach to the bows with these nifty brackets.

It required a bit of digging to get them to hang correctly off the frame since the baseboard gets partially buried to make a good seal around the edge.  Unfortunately it got pretty cold last night and the ground nicely frozen for the better part of the day.  (I guess it IS December...)

Some areas with more moisture in the soil made those beautiful frost heave things.  (I'm sure there's a technical name for this.


And the end walls are up!  These will get covered with plastic .


 Less charismatic progress also got done.   I installed the goofy 'wiggle wire' channels that hold the plastic down on the sides, and all the brackets are secured to the bows with fancy self tapping tek screws.  That gaping hole at either end will be a door comfortably wide for a wheelbarrow.  Soon enough!
Also drained the water system now that I know it works.  I arrived this morning to frozen pipes, but they thawed out by 2pm in the 40 degree weather.

I'm off to the New England Fruit and Vegetable conference for a few days.  Got more learnin' to do!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment