Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Here and There

It's been an interesting week so far.  Family and friends have visited, I've been up to MOFGA headquarters for two farm business planning sessions with Richard Wiswall.  I picked up some flats and pots for seedling productions, and then got some spare parts to fix an old lawnmower.  Some more herb seeds arrived from Horizon Herbs.  The fridge is packed with eggs!  I'm trying to get them moved on to tasty purposes.  (anyone? anyone?)  And I've been playing phone tag with UPS which in theory has some neat stickers I ordered.

I also took a little time to observe a lovely tree on one edge of the field.  Ahhh


This goofy looking bit of equipment needed replacing on an old lawnmower.

 I hate using a lawnmower.  However there are some brushy twigs that short out the electric poultry netting.  This will let me quickly zip down a new fence row and level that stuff before placing the fence in a new location.  I'm looking for a human powered brush wacker thing


Lastly, I saw this cartoon in a New Yorker.  I like.    


There will be a horse on the farm soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment