Sunday, May 13, 2012

Meet more veggies

Continuing with our theme from last week:

What?  I'm on?  ... oh, HI!  I'm a snap pea.    Dave has been busy building a trellis for me.  I started in the ground in April and I can't wait to start climbing.  Check out my awesome tendrils.

We are Brussels Sprouts and just got transplanted today.  We can stretch our roots out now.  See you in the fall!  

Parsley, don't confuse me with carrots.  I'm in the foreground, the carrots are way in the back.  Same family I know, but I'm Parsley.

Hi I'm a radish and I grow really really quickly and just sprouted today and oh my gosh I can't wait to grow and get real spicy and red as long as you water me lots and lots and I'll be tasty on a salad and sliced into kimchee and and and, and I'm done.

Hi, I'm your farmer.  This is a nice day to be farming.  Like my nifty seedling transporter?

Hi, I'm also your farmer.  This is a less nice day to be farming.  At least plants love the rain.


And, I'll leave you with a video of chickens foraging in the brush.   You can't actually see the chickens per se.  But the brush twitches in a way that reminds you that these lovely critters are related to
 (dum dum dum) The Velociraptor...  

No comments:

Post a Comment