Saturday, May 26, 2012

Turkey in my Straw

 I'm not introducing any seedlings this week, but I would like to introduce you to one of your farmers!
Here be Rob. 

D- Rob is a single male, likes long walks on the beach, and adores our cat mug...

R- Dave, um, don't write that.

D- Oh, ok. Rob is awesome.  He has been a tremendous help this season.  You've seen him in previous posts planting and weeding and digging and everything else.  He also just moved to Portland and is looking for a place to live.  So, if you've got a spare room, drop us a line!

R- Ah, that's better, you'll delete that first bit right?

D - You bet!

Meanwhile out at the farm...
We saw a turkey fly in to the area fenced off for the chickens.  Interesting....
I walked into the brush to see what was going on and snapped a picture paparazzi style.


Can't see her in there?  Here's the same picture with an outline of her head.  Amazing camo.


A few steps later and I came across eggs!  Neato.  I kept my distance for the week and...


Looked in this weekend and saw these guys!  Awwww.  It's spring.


Not quite sure what we're going to do about these freeloading turkeys inside the fence, but I figure we'll give them a little extra protection until they will be sure to fend for themselves in the wild.  Or,... bonus CSA thanksgiving turkey share!...  Naw.

Hoping to get some tomatoes transplanted soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment